- Active Investments
- Mavenir Systems
- Take Command Health
- Notable Past Investments*
- Eventador (Acquired by Cloudera)
- LifeSize Communications (Acquired by Logitech)
- Mavenir Systems (NYSE: MVNR)
- NarrativeDx (Acquired by Press Ganey)
- Navini Networks (Acquired by Cisco Systems)
- Sipera Systems (Acquired by Avaya)
- Spatial Wireless (Acquired by Alcatel-Lucent)
- *Includes investments from prior firms
- Community Involvement
- Austin Community Foundation, Board Member & Chair of Investment Committee
- Austin Speech Labs, Founding Board Member
Venu Shamapant is a co-founder of LiveOak Venture Partners and has been investing in early stage Texas based companies and entrepreneurs since 1999.
Prior to founding LiveOak, Venu was a General Partner at Austin Ventures where he invested in companies producing more than $1.5B in enterprise values to date. Prior to joining Austin Ventures, he was with McKinsey & Co. serving clients in the enterprise systems and software markets. He started his professional career as a software developer and engineering lead at Mentor Graphics.
Venu received his MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business, MS in Computer Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and a BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Osmania University, India.