Congratulations on choosing Austin! Here at LiveOak, we are a leading Austin-based, early stage venture capital firm, and actively involved in growing this ecosystem. Our team has been investing in Austin for over 20 years, and we are a huge advocate for the community that has allowed us to play a part in building incredible companies. As you are getting your bearings in the city, let us lend a hand. Below are a few resources you may find helpful.
Have a question about Austin? Shoot us a note at AustinAMA@liveoakvp.com
- Austin Deal Highlights (signup above, archives here): A weekly newsletter covering all things deal activity in the startup and tech ecosystem in Austin, from fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, to other major company announcements.
- Other great news outlets:
Find Great Companies Who Are Hiring
- LiveOak Talent Network **Coming Soon**--Exclusive access to introductions and job opportunities with LiveOak portfolio companies
- BuiltIn Austin's job board
Get Up to Speed
- Wall Street Journal: Covid-19, Remote Work Make Austin a Magnet for New Jobs. Texas’ capital is attracting corporate jobs and remote workers, lured by lower costs and lower taxes
- Austin named most popular city for newcomers in 2020
- As part of this great migration of talent to Texas, major companies are increasing their presence here, with blockbuster announcements including Tesla’s $1B gigafactory, Apple’s new campus, Oracle’s HQ relocation, and Facebook’s major expansion.
- Austin Reaches Top 10 In US Venture Markets
- Tech powerhouses are flocking to Texas, pushing an already bonkers real-estate market to new heights. Take a look inside Austin, which is quickly becoming the next Silicon Valley.
- Texas leads US in population growth, California sees first-ever drop